How to Make Sure You Don’t Get Screwed When It’s Time to Get Your Carpets Cleaned
If you have carpet in your home, you know that there will come a time when you need to get that carpet cleaned. A dirty carpet is unsightly and can detract from your enjoyment of your home as well as reducing its value. A dirty carpet also can cause you to suffer from allergies and can create unpleasant odors in your home.
Vacuuming or other DIY cleaning efforts are typically unsuccessful at removing the worst of the dirt, allergens and odors from your carpet, and so it may be a good idea to bring in the professionals to handle your carpet cleaning. When you do so, however, it is essential that you make sure you choose the right company that is going to do a good job for you. The last thing you want is to spend money on carpet cleaning and end up with carpets that are just as dirty as those you started with, or even carpets that are actually dirtier.
How to Find the Right Carpet Cleaning Company
Here are some tips to help you find the right carpet cleaning company to ensure that you end up with a job that you are happy with:
- Find out about the process that will be used to clean the carpets. For example, Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning makes use of a primary solution that is carbonated. This allows the solution to penetrate more deeply into the fibers of the carpet, so the carpet is cleaned more thoroughly. Just like club soda, this makes the solution really effective at getting stains and dirt out and doing a good deep clean. Not every carpet cleaner uses a carbonated solution and you won’t get as effective of a clean.
- Choose a low-water solution. The more water that is used to clean your carpets, the longer it will take for the carpets to try and the longer you will need to be out of the rooms in your home. Not only that, but a lot of water in the carpet cleaning process also means that you are much more likely to have a lot of mold and mildew growing underneath the carpet. In fact, as the EPA explains, moisture control is the key to mold control. Mold and mildew can aggravate your allergies and actually make your home a lot less clean than it was before you had a professional come in. Choosing a company that uses a lot less water is sure to leave you happier with the outcome of the cleaning job.
- Ask about the company’s experience with carpet cleaning. You don’t want to choose a company that is just beginning or that doesn’t have a lot of experience, as that company will not yet have perfected the carpet cleaning process. Instead, look for a company that cleans tons of square feet of carpet and that cleans thousands of households worldwide on a daily basis.
- Find out if the company is a green company. Taking care of the environment is important, and a green company that prides itself on using low-chemicals and safe chemicals is simply a better choice. Not only is a green company going to be better for the planet, but you also won’t be breathing in chemicals in your home that could make you sick.
- Is there carpet protection available? You want to keep your newly-cleaned carpets looking as good as possible. Of course, spills on carpets are a fact of life that cannot be avoided. Your carpet cleaning company can help you to enjoy a longer-term solution to carpet messes if it offers a carpet protectant package. The package will fight stains and you won’t have to have your carpets cleaned as often since they will stay looking good for a lot longer.
- Find out whether the carpet cleaning also offers deodorizing. If odors in your home are a concern, a sanitizing and deodorizing package can be a great choice to solve this issue. This can also help to reduce allergens in your home.
Oh—and don’t forget to check with the BBB to see if anyone has issued complaints about the service! By taking the time to do your research and to ask some key questions of your carpet cleaning company, you can end up with beautiful carpets in your home that you enjoy for a long time to come. You’ll also end up with a home that has far fewer allergens, far less dirt and dust and better indoor air quality for you and your family to breathe in. It pays to choose the right company and take advantage of all these benefits, so start your research today.
Scarlet Suarez was a stay at home mom. During that time period, she took her love for writing and turned it into a full time career. Now she blogs about home and garden, her other two loves!