5 Essential Security Items That Every Homeowner Should Have
As a homeowner, your house is your castle and when it comes to your castle, you have the right to defend it in anyway you see fit. In fact, in this day and age, it can be hard to feel comfortable in your own home without a few essential security tools. However, when it comes to choosing those security items, it can be hard to know exactly what will make you feel the safest. Sure, a security alarm is one thing, but there are a number of other tools that are important to keep in your home. Here are five essential items that every homeowner should have.
- A guard dog. A guard dog can make a great companion and a great protector. If you have a large backyard, there is a good chance that you could greatly benefit from having a guard dog around. If you put up a sign that says “beware of dog” and a potential intruder sees a barking dog, they probably won’t try to break inside your home. In fact, guard dogs are one of the best thief deterrents.
- Motion sensor lights. When it comes to deterring theft, having motion sensor lights on the outside of all the entry ways to your home can be incredibly effective. Motion sensor lights are also easy to install. Basically, when someone comes too close to the house or entry way, the motion sensor light will detect that someone is outside and will turn on. This will effectively make intruders believe that someone is home and will most of the time scare them off.
- A safe. If you have cash, diamonds or other valuables and you insist on keeping them in the house, it is highly recommended to get a safe. In the event of a break-in, the last thing you want if for all your precious valuables to go missing. If you have cash, you can pretty much say good bye to it if you keep it under your mattress or in your bedside table. A safe on the other hand will be impervious and will keep all your valuables safe.
- A replica gun. If you don’t feel safe with the feeling of having a real gun in the house, but want the security of knowing that a gun could scare off a potential intruder, having a replica pistol can be a great option. For instance, if you visit MaxArmory.com, there are numerous replica guns you can purchase. Many of these pistols are non-firing, but they do carry dummy bullets, so you can certainly scare someone off.
- Security cameras. Having security cameras can be a great way to deter thieves. Even if you don’t have it in your budget, purchasing a security camera that doesn’t work from a junk shop can lead possible burglars to believe that your house is monitored. If you want to eliminate the risk of a break in, just mount a dummy camera outside of your front or back door.